James Bridger Middle School
Bridger is dedicated to the success of every student through the “three A’s”
1. Attendance: Our goal is for all students to attend more than 95% of the time
2. Attitude: Positive attitudes toward learning and school make excellence possible
3. Achievement: Our school strives to ensure that every student can achieve academic and emotional success in a climate of high expectations and personal support
It is our vision to celebrate individual efforts and achievements while encouraging students to accept responsibility for learning, decisions and actions.
Click on the image below to access the ISD Parent Curriculum Resource Page.
Start: 7:20 am
Dismiss: 2:14 pm
JAMES BRIDGER MIDDLE SCHOOL
18200 E. M78 Hwy. Independence, MO 64057
Phone: 816.521.5375 Fax: 816.521.5632
The Bridger Buffalo motto, “We Are All Part of the Herd”, perfectly defines the culture of our school. Bridger students, staff, and parents work together to ensure the success of each and every child that passes through our doors. Teachers at Bridger are encouraged to utilize their innovative creativity and leadership skills to build highly engaging classrooms. Those who visit Bridger will be met with dynamic teachers and students, a caring climate, and an involved community.
Learn more about Bridger in our school magazine. Click the image below.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- 10/1/15 Team 1 Field Trip to the Coterie
- 10/2/15 Picture Re-Takes
- 10/6/15 Choir Concert
- 10/8/15 Scoliosis Screenings
- 10/8/15 Team 2 Field trip to the Coterie
- 10/20/15 Flu Shot Clinic
- 10/21/15 Team 3 Field Trip to the Coterie
- 10/22/15 Team 4 Field Trip to the Coterie
- 10/22/15 Play Performance 7:00 @ Nowlin
- 10/23/15 Team 5 Field Trip to the Coterie
- 10/23/15 Play Performance 7:00 @ Nowlin
- 10/26/15 Parent-Teacher Conferences 2:45 - 6:30
- 10/27/15 Parent-Teacher Conferences 2:45 - 6:30
- 10/30/15 No School
- 11/2/15 No School
- 11/12/15 Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night, 4pm-8pm
- 11/24/15 Team Incentives
- 11/25/15 No School
- 11/26/15 No School
- 11/27/15 No School
Special Promotion - Limited Time only!
Order your Yearbook now, and you can receive FREE ICONs on your Yearbook cover! Order must be placed by 10/16/15 to recieve this special offer. Yearbooks cost $23.00.
Name: Bridger Middle School @BridgerMiddle6
James Bridger Middle School History
James Bridger Middle School, named after the famous pioneer James Bridger, opened in 1966. Bridger offers a caring, safe environment to district sixth-grade students. Students have the opportunity to select from a variety of exciting and interesting exploratory courses. They may also participate in our Latitude program which offers tutoring and a variety of clubs. Bridger also offers students the opportunity to participate in a variety of athletics and activities.
Click HERE to learn more about James Bridger.
October Character Trait is: INTEGRITY
Congratulations to the following Buffaloes being selected as their team's representative for the September trait of RESPONSIBILITY!
Veronica Medina Taylor Herrick Aurora Ritter
Cheyenne Grimes Kiersten Playter
Breakfast prices are $1.70 for secondary students and $2.00 for adults. Lunch Prices are $2.50 for a secondary student lunch and $2.85 for adults. A school milk or juice can be purchased for .50 cents
Click HERE to learn more about Teaching Fellows.
Go to: http://www.isdsports.org for information on sporting events.
Bridger Middle School is a collection location for Box Tops. Please drop them off in the main office at any time.