Van Horn Library Media Center
Digital Parking Lot - Have a question? Ask it here!
Request a book for the Van Horn Library - your input is valued!
At Van Horn High School we build positive relationships, achieve high academic standards, and develop literacy in order to engage the world.
Deborah Karlsson - National Board Certified Library Media Specialist
- Destiny-Online Catalog - to find VHHS library materials
- Fantastic Fiction - author and series information
- ARBookFinder - database of all AR tests available
- What Should I Read Next? - look up a book you liked and get recommendations for what to read next
- Goodreads - Read and share book recommendations
- Sample MLA Research Paper - with helpful annotations
- Sample APA Research Paper - with helpful annotations
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) - style guide, grammer and writing resources
- Son of Citation Generator - easy way to cite sources
- RefME Citation Generator - read about citation creation here
- EasyBib - bibliography and citation generator
- Long Island University MLA Citation- Color-coded MLA citation examples
- APA vs MLA: What Style Guide Do I Use? - APA and MLA summary of features and clarification for when to use each
- What is Plagiarism? - Recognizing & avoiding plagiarism and checking for plagiarism in your work
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Website Credibility - A guide to assist you in determining if a website is credible
- *EBSCOhost Database & eBooks - reference books, periodicals, journals, newspapers; practice exams for standarized tests and licensing; job and career information; eBooks
- *LearningExpress Library 3.0 - database of academic and professional certification practice tests and eBooks
- Mid-Continent Library - research databases (must have library card) or click to see how to use the VHHS library card
- Kansas City Public Library - research databases (must have library card)
- USA.gov - U.S. government's official web portal
- Library of Congress - digitized exhibits and primary source documents
- National Library of Medicine - health and medical information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - guide to various occupations and the preparation needed for each
- United States Copyright Office - Copyright law of the United States
* Password needed - just ask your librarian!