Truman High School is honored to have been designated as an A+ High School by the State of Missouri. We are pleased to offer the opportunity for our graduates to continue their education at a two-year or four-year college while receiving financial assistance from the State. Truman High School graduates that meet state academic guidelines can qualify for up to two years full tuition to any participating public community college or technical school in the state of Missouri. Additionally, some Missouri four year colleges and universities offer their own incentives to A+ certified students. More information can be found through MDHE Website
Step 1: Know the A+ Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Attend a designated A+ high school(s) for three years prior to high school graduation.
- Graduate from a designated A+ high school with an un-weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate with a minimum cumulative 95% Average Daily Attendance record over a four year period.
- Beginning with the class of 2015 students must score proficient or advanced on the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam.
- Perform a documented 50 hours of unpaid district tutoring or mentoring, coordinated through the A+ Office. Up to 25% of those hours (or 12.5 hours) may be documented job shadowing.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
- Apply for non-payback scholarships by completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Step 2: Sign your Letter of Intent
After making yourself aware of the requirements for A+, the next step is fill out Truman's A+ Letter of Intent.
One can be printed from online, or picked up in the counseling center.
Don't forget that your parents/guardians have to sign the Letter of Intent along with signing it yourself.
Step 3: Complete your 50 hours of Tutoring/Mentoring
Step 4: Monitor your Status
Keep checking back to make sure you are still on track with your attendance percentage, GPA, and tutoring hours. Also, Mrs. Adams can answer any questions concerning attendance, discipline, or hours.
Step 5: Certification
A list will be made available by Mrs. Adams in early April listing all of the Seniors who potentially qualify for A+. It is the responsibility of the student to check this list to make sure they have made all the requirements. (This is why step 4 is important!) If a student has met all of the requirements they will be certified in May upon graduation.
The most common reason why students might not get certified in May is the 95 percent attendance rate. Missing just 8 days each school year can jeopardize A+ grant money.
Your A+ Coordinator
Please contact with any questions you might have through email, or at (816)-521-5350
|Spring Branch||sugar Creek|
|Sycamore Hills||Three Trails|
|Bingham MS||Bridger MS|
|Nowlin MS||Pioneer Ridge Ms|
Tutoring is also available at Truman. Student must set up and have approval from cooperating teacher. Teacher will also sign off on log sheet.