The Independence School District Facebook Fan Page and Twitter accounts are provided for the district community to join in celebrating the achievements of our students and schools.
All posting of comments on these pages are at the discretion of the page administrators. The purpose is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of ISD staff and students.
- We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings that:
- Break the law or encourage others to do so.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements.
- Easily identify students and/or staff and/ or community members in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others.
- Are spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason…but we hope that won’t ever be necessary.
Naming specific employees, students or community members in a negative way will not be permitted on our social media pages, as we want these outlets to focus on celebrating our students.